Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today was pretty much uneventful. At 0845 this morning we started a CBR General Quarters Drill. We had to put on our gas masks and set Circle William fully. It was pretty crappy. If the ship was actually attacked by Chemical weapons, I doubt that I would be able to keep that gas mask on the entire time lol. It is uncomfortable as hell. At about 1045 we secured from GQ and set Yoke. I had a short lunch break and then went straight to work doing my Maintenance. At about 1630 I had to go on Load Center Rover watch untill 2130. The Chief Selects have been making roves ahead of us posting sticky notes on the ground detectors to make sure that we are doing our roves, so I went to each load center about 3 times in 1 hour. On about my 2nd hour of roving I found a Respirator Issue card on the floor of Load Center 91 that happens to be located in the middle of a Squadron Berthing and the card belonged to a female. Unfortunately I have to report all intrusions to my Division Office, so there might be someone in trouble for being in the load center AND for what the female was actually doing in a male berthing compartment. Other than all of that, My day was pretty normal. I'm still awake because I have to wait until Flight Operations is over so I can trouble-shoot a problem with one of our steering control units, so I still have a few hours of work. It is currently 2245 in the evening. Well, signing off for the day. Everyone have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment