Friday, August 20, 2010

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Well, it's now 0430 in the morning. I'm on the 02-0700 watch. It's always so quiet around the ship this early it's not half bad. During the day it's always so loud. Steam pipes hissing all over the place, drain pipes gurgling, jets landing and taking off, high pressure air hissing, tools clanking... gives you a head ache most of the time. I'm just sitting here in my shop in-between my roves. Borat was just playing on TV for like the 100th time this underway.
Well, yesterday was the Shell-Back ceremony. It was pretty messy. People tracked water and green dye all over the ship and the Commanding Officer made everyone stop working after it was done and clean the ship. I don't blame him though, it was nasty. Other than that, we are back to normal underway operations. FEP is finally over, so not quite so many drills anymore, and the watch-bill changes after my next watch, so I'll be able to get a little bit more sleep. I get off watch at about 0630 today, so after cleaning stations, I'm going to bed. My eyes are at that point where they itch and water like crazy until you close them, meaning I'm getting really tired. I would be posting some pictures up, but I'm having trouble burning them off of my laptop onto a CD to put on the ships computer. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to plug any USB devices into the computers for some stupid reason, so I'll have to wait. Well, I have to go finish my watch. Everyone have a good day, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment