Sunday, August 29, 2010

Monday, August 30, 2010

So I was watching Toy Story this morning while I was on shop watch, and I noticed something in the movie that I've never noticed before. It's kind of disturbing in a way to know that this was actually in a movie meant to be seen by little kids. While in Sid's house when Sid is looking for Woody to strap to the "Big One" Rocket, he lifts up a plastic crate where Woody is hiding propped up inside the crate. He slams the crate down on his dest causing Woody to fall to the desk where he then hides under a book...this all seems very innocent if you don't know what you are looking at, but I just happened to recognize the title on the book. The book is labeled "TM 31-210" In the movie I think it's titled as "Improvised Interrogation Techniques", but in actuality, "TM 31-210" is the primary source of terrorist activity. It's titled "Improvised Munitions Handbook" created for the U.S. Army A.K.A.: Improvised Explosive Devices or IED's. This book teaches you how to make any kind of explosive or propellant out of normal everyday ingredients. Kind of disturbing isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment